The Ultra-Trail Australia is a challenging 100km running event which is held in the magnificent Blue Mountains in New South Wales.
Local and international runners come to NSW each year to take part in this endurance event with hundreds of competitors making the trek around the challenging course.
There are a number of races including a 100km race, 50km race, PACE UTA22 (21.6km), Scenic World UTA951 (1.2km time trial) and the Injinji 1km-4-Kids. There is no need to pre-qualify for the adult events, however participants must be over 18 years of age. The trail is very challenging and remote in some areas, so trail running experience is recommended. The 100km race can take up to 28 hours to complete so you must be in excellent physical health to compete. The kids race is much less challenging, is open to those up to aged 15 years and it is free to enter.
Spectators are welcome to come and watch the event and there are a number of great vantage points including:
• The Start and finish at Scenic World
• On foot along Cliff Drive between Violet Street and Katoomba Falls Road
• Between the 6.2km to 6.4km mark where the route goes through the Scenic World boardwalks.
• Checkpoint 3 (Megalong Valley)
• Checkpoint 4 (Katoomba Aquatic Centre)
• Fairmont Resort Water Point (Fairmont Resort, Leura)
• Checkpoint 5 (Queen Victoria Hospital, Wentworth Falls)
There will be a festival held opposite the main auditorium where there will be plenty of food, drink and product stalls. There will also be a dedicated kids zone with heaps of fun activities including arts and crafts, jumping castle and scavenger hunt.