The Sydney Autumn Racing Carnival is a fabulous racing event on the NSW racing calendar and includes both the ‘Golden Slipper Carnival’ and ‘The Championships’.
With over $33 million in prize money each year, the Sydney Autumn Racing Carnival is an event not to be missed!
Sydney Autumn Racing Carnival 2021 Dates, Horse Races & Tickets
The Championships is held at the beautiful Royal Randwick racecourse, not too far from the Sydney CBD. The races have been running in some form since 1866 and Randwick is one of the most historic and beautiful tracks in Australia. Held on the first and second Saturday of April each year, the Championships consists of 12 races are held with over $20 million in prize money up for grabs.
The race dates for the 2021 racing carnival are as follows:
- Chandon Ladies Day: Rosehill Gardens on Saturday, 13th March 2021
- Longines Golden Slipper Day: Rosehill Gardens on Saturday, 27th March 2021
- Stakes Day: Rosehill Gardens on Saturday, 3rd April 2021
- The Championships Day 1: Royal Randwick on Saturday, 10th April 2021
- The Championships Day 2, Longines Queen Elizabeth Stakes Day: Royal Randwick on Saturday, 17th April 2021
- Schweppes All Aged Stakes Day: Royal Randwick on Saturday, 24th April 2021
Having a bet on the Sydney Autumn Racing Carnival is very popular, with hundreds of millions of dollars are spent on the races. Most people place bets through the official TAB or through a bookmaker in person, although many of the races are televised and people also bet online at home or at a local pub or gaming venue.
The Sydney Autumn Racing Carnival days are full of fun and frivolities. Dress up in your finest gear, bring a group of friends (and maybe even a picnic). Food and drinks can be purchased at the racetrack and ATMs are available inside the racecourse, however, due to the large crowds, lines are often long. Betting is a popular past-time, so make sure to bring some extra cash to place a bet.