Orange F.O.O.D Week, also known as Food of Orange District, is a food festival held in the beautiful township of Orange each year.
As one of Australia’s top food festivals, Orange F.O.O.D Week has been running since 1991 and is a must-visit event each year.
Orange F.O.O.D Week 2021 Dates, Events, Program & Markets, NSW
The festival promotes good food and the best regional produce in Australia. Visitors will be able to enjoy live cooking demonstrations from some of Australia’s best chefs, food talks and seminars, tastings, wine pairings and tastings, winery workshops, sunset tours and degustations.
Make sure to check out the market food stalls where there will be amazing food ready to eat and enjoy as well as long lunches and local restaurants joining in on the festivities with set menus and value for money deals.
Meet the producers and find out where your food comes from and get tips on growing your own fruit and vegies, growing grapes, keeping chickens and livestock. There will be pop-up cellar doors where you can try the regions’ best wines, family BBQ’s and picnics in the gardens with plenty of lawn games; including croquet.
There will also be a night market with heaps of food trucks, as well as live music from buskers. So come and enjoy some good food and great beer and wine under the stars.
Some of the highlights of the 2021 festival include:
- F.O.O.D HQ: Orange Visitor Information Centre on 9 April – 18 April 2021 at 9am – 5pm
- Shining the Light on Local Producers: CWA Hall, Crn Lords Pl & Byng St, Orange on 12 April – 16 April 2021 at 10:30am – 12pm
- The Sampson Street Lunch: Sampson Street on Saturday 10th April 2021 at 12:30pm
- F.O.O.D’s 30th Anniversary Dinner: Orange Function Centre, Eyles Street, Orange on Monday 12th April 2021 at 6:30pm
- Taste Local on the Lawn: Orange Visitors Information Centre and Regional Museum – Roof Lawn on 15 & 16 April 2021 at 5pm – 7pm
- Sunday Producers’ Market and Brunch: Cook Park, Summer St, Orange on Sunday 18 April 2021 at 8:30am – 11:30pm
Orange F.O.O.D Week will be held at a huge range of venues around the township of Orange, so make sure to check out the program for the full range of events, locations and times. Orange is just a 3.5-hour drive from Sydney and is well-serviced by rail, bus and there is even a local airport for 1 hour direct daily flights from Sydney.